Monday, September 12, 2011







FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

By MEENAKSHI ROHATGI

It was not only an attack on the United States, it was an attack on the world and on the humanity and hopes that we share, wrote Barack Obama in UK’s Sunday Mirror.

"My daughter was killed. My world was destroyed. For me, every day is Sept. 11". Thus wrote Avraham, who wore a photograph of her smiling daughter pinned to her shirt.

Nicholas Gorki (9) has never met his father because he was in his mom's belly. Nonetheless he said: "I love you, Father. … I love you for loving the idea of having me."

‘‘I am planning on spending most of the day in tears… thinking of fire fighter Kevin Murray’’ and Seth Bauer buried in the rubble when the Towers collapsed but escaped to give an extremely touching interview to a newspaper, said Melissa, a New Yorker.

These are words that ring in our ears and refuse to die down, as they come from people whose lives have been shattered because one insane man plotted against humanity

Bells rang across the land, every four seconds for three hours, 15 minutes and 48 seconds, from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Millions gathered in churches to remember, question, pray and hope for a world without such painful memories.






No comments:

Post a Comment